"Error opening installation log file" message
- When attempting to uninstall or update an application such as StoreTender Pro, StoreTender Back Office, etc. you receive the following error:
- "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is writable."
- (Windows 7) Error may also show as "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and that you can write to it."
- Any Software Platform or Application
- This is typically caused by when a computer has Windows Installer Logging enabled but the installer cannot access, locate or properly write the uninstall information.
- Please reference the following Microsoft Article for more information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2564571.
Stop and restart the Explorer.exe from Task Manager Process Tab. You will need a keyboard and mouse to perform these steps.
- Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to launch Task Manager or right-click Desktop Task Bar and choose Start Task Manager.
- Click Processes Tab.
- Locate and select the explorer.exe, click End Process.
- You may need to select "Show Processes from all users".
- Click End Process to the prompt.
- Your Desktop Icons and Desktop Bar will disappear.
- Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to launch Task Manager again.
- Click File -> New Task (Run...).
- Type explorer.exe and click Ok.
- Your Desktop Task bar and Icons should appear again.
The error should now be cleared.
Was this answer helpful?
StoreTender Online uses the internet to connect to our database servers in the cloud. This...
Because StoreTender Self-Hosted requires networking between computers on the local area...
HEIC images - a format Apple has used on its iPhones since 2017 - have many advantages over the...
If you're using the Self-Hosted version of StoreTender you are able to perform database backups...
This video explains how to order and install the Trial version. Ordering another version? You can...