Rentals allow you to rent items on a daily, hourly or by-the-minute basis.
- Navigate to Data > Inventory > Departments. Create a new Department for your Rentals. For simplicity you can name the Department "Rentals". You can also add Subdepartments for each rental category (i.e. Carpet Cleaners or DVDs).
- You can also optionally create a Department for your Rental Services. Items placed in this department are typically on-time charges for things associated with the rental, like a cleaning charge.
- Navigate to Data > Inventory > Products. Create new Products for your Rentals. For example, if you have a dozen carpet cleaning machines to rent, create a single Product called "Carpet Cleaners". Associate this new Product with your Rentals Department / Subdepartment. If your Rentals are taxable, be sure to select the appropriate tax. In this case you
- You can also create your Rental Services Products the same way. This time you must select a tax (if applicable) AND enter a Price. Because Rental Services Products are one-time charges, entering a price is required.
- Navigate to Data > Inventory > Other > Rental.
- Press Edit, and click the folder icons next to the Rental items department and (if needed) the Rental services departments. Select the appropriate Departments you created above from the list.
- The grid below will display all your Rental items. Selecte which fields you want to make mandatory just above the grid.
- In the grid, click SN if you want the POS to prompt for a serial number when the item is rented. A serial number could be any identifying number or text for your records.
- Enter your Rate and rental periods in the Rate and Per fields. These will be the default rate & terms for each rental.
- Enter the Overage Rate and overage period in the Overage and Per fields. These are the rates you'll charge when a customer is late returning an item.
- Finally, enter the deposit amount you wish to collect from the customer, in addition to the pre-paid rental. All rentals are pre-paid plus deposit, if any. Overages are collected on return.
- Navigate to the Screen Designer (Setup > Store >Other >Screens) and add two POS functions to the screen of your choice
- Add the "Rent" Function .
- Add the "Rental Return" Function .
- Save your changes and SYNC your POS to accept.
POS Usage (Rental):
- Press [RENT] (function 305) to start a new Rental.
- On the Dates tab, enter the pickup and return dates and times.
- To quickly rent an item for 1, 2 or 3 days use the shortcut buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- Press NEXT to open the Items tab. Click the + button to add a rental item.
- Press NEXT to open the Services tab. Optionally click the + button to add any associated services.
- Press NEXT to enter the renter information. You can optionally click the icon to the right of the name to scan the driver's license of the customer (may require specialty scanner software).
- If you've marked some info as required you'll get an alert if not completed.
- Press NEXT to review the rental and either Accept or edit/cancel.
- If Accept is clicked the rental is placed on the POS screen and payment is due from the customer.
- Collect payment and conclude the transaction.
POS Usage (Rental Return):
- Press [RENTAL RETURN] (function 306) to start a new Rental Return.
- A list of your open Rentals appears. Select the approriate Rental.You can now optionally edit the Return time, if allowed. There are three icons just under the returned time.
- The Clock icon will set the Returned time to the next 15 minutes from current time.
- The Clock/Arrow icon will set the return time back in 15 minute increments with each press.
- The Rewind icon will set the return back to its Due Back date/time.
- Conclude and the transaction will be placed on the POS. If a Deposit was collected or any rental refund is due you may now process that refund to the customer and conclude the transaction.
Was this answer helpful?
Complete Commission Setup can be accessed via Data>Staff>Commissions (Permission...
Philip Morris (PM) / USSTC has instituted a Loyalty Fund Program (LFP), in conjunction with their...
There may be times when you wish to add a percentage of the amount due to a transaction....
You can apply percentage or currency discount to an item or entire transaction using the methods...
Spiffs are typically manufacturer or retailer funded incentives to sell a particular product or...