Spiffs are typically manufacturer or retailer funded incentives to sell a particular product or group (Brand) of products. They take the form of a particular $ amount. For example, the manufacturer or distributor of a widget product may give your sales staff a Spiff of $1.00 for each widget they sell.
Complete Spiff Setup can be accessed via Data>Staff>Spiffs (Permission controlled). You can select the Product, Start and End dates, and Spiff amount on this screen.
- A Salesperson Function has been added to the screen designer. It is function # 301
- The Cashier does not have to be the Salesperson assisgned to a transaction.
- A Find Salesperson Function has been added to the screen designer. It is function # 302
- The Find + Salesperson functions can be used as a macro   in lieu of Function 302
POS Usage (Use any one the following):
- Employee Number followed by 
- Use the Find + Salesperson function  
- Use the Find Salesperson function 
- The salesperson can be entered before, during or after items.
- The salesperson can be changed or voided all together if necessary.
- Split commissions are not supported.
Spiffs are earned when the following is true:
- A salesperson is entered before the transaction is concluded.
- The item is sold during the dates associated with the Spiff.
- Products can get both a Spiff as well as a commission.
A Spiff Report can be accessed via Reports>Employee>Commissions (for HQ use Reports > Accounting > Commissions).
Was this answer helpful?
There may be times when you wish to add a percentage of the amount due to a transaction....
Managing Your Cigarette Buydown Program If your business participates in a cigarette buydown...
What is an Open PLU and how do I use it? Also know as "Open Department" or "Department Ring",...
Do you sell fuel? Fuel sales have unique receipt requirements. You need to display quantity...
The Altria brand, Helix Innovations, has instituted a Loyalty Fund Program (LFP), in conjunction...